Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carian - Round... Who knows... [WIP]

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks fine to me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Another update, fixed the hills to blend a bit better, added some roads, and a bit of marshland I just need to add in some more villages, and do something to the water, and I think this one will be nearing done...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaiZ4.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	34682  
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Alright another update!

So for the most part the Region map of Cael is "done" (maybe some minor fixes), completed the Ocean, fixed Hills and what not...

I adjusted the Desert in the Continent view, loaded in new icons for cities, and updated the Legend, but just need to add in a political map of it.

My newer project with this, is a city side map... This will be my first attempt after my blunder of Belirus 3-4 years ago =D Anyways it's slow going, if anyone has any ideas, pointers, fixes anything I'd love to hear it!

Name:	CaiZ5.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.97 MB 
ID:	34882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaiCa1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	34883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cai2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	34884  
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Nice job so far Yander, I'm really digging the great text images that you are adding! The map itself is lovely. The only thing I found a bit off was the line running between the two cities/towns/towers between the two sets of mountains on the far left-hand side of the map. Is this meant to be a road, or a wall, or something else entirely? If it's a road, it looks different from the other roads on your map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Looks like a wall to me.
    Regards,

RK

bahaha I forgot I even put that in, it was just a test to see if it would fit or look nice, its off in the corner and I spaced it hahaha, oh well, but yes it is suppose to be a wall
    Projects

So I've been playing around with housing ideas... cause the block houses I was using before, just don't seem to "cut it" for what I'm trying to pull off I guess... So I was wondering if this idea (the actual finished part on the bottom of the city section) actually works for a slum-ish/group housing... Any ideas, or suggestions, or even possible ways to make this pop and work a bit better let me know!

Name:	Test5.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	626.4 KB 
ID:	34961  
    Projects

hmm yeah I see whatcha mean...

so I tried something a bit different, just like before I have 2 layers a base pattern, and then one I drew over it to create the "houses", using that same idea instead of drawing I used a pattern template of houses, which is the lower set of houses, I also duplicated the layer and flipped it to give it more depth and randomness like a slum would mostly be, but the upper set of houses I used a different base pattern, and the same top pattern, no duplicate layer. Do these work? Is one style better then the other? or should i scrap this idea and try something else??

edit: So I did this other idea earlier, it was odd, but I'll post it up too, let me know!

Name:	Test6.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	35094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test6a.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	969.7 KB 
ID:	35095  
    Last edited by Yandor; 04-14-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    Projects

Blog Entries

I really like this man! But I have to say, the solid blue of the ocean looks kinda weird compared to how much texture is in everything else. But man! It really looks great!

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a second page. Saw the update. SO AWESOME

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast