Thread: World Mapping. "Land of Kaddas"

Guild Applicant

Wip World Mapping. "Land of Kaddas"

I've just started to learn fantasy mapping and i've been fiddling with tutorials and all that jazz and I figure its time to get feedback and suggestions.

I started this project to give my D&D group some frame of reference to their world other than. "This place is here, and then there is a forest. So this is my feeble attempt at a homebrew world. Since I started this project I have fallen in love with it and I really hope to make it even better over time. With fantastic suggestions and great help from the folks here.

I've started to use treething for my forests but its slow learning for some reason.

Still working on adding trees as well as a large desert (Anyone with any suggestions on how to make it look sandy short of just throwing noise on it. Would be awesome)

So without further adieu my map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continent1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	34480  

Iconographically speaking, you should find some sand dune stamps and place a few sparingly around the desert area, with the occasional palm or date tree on the outer fringes. That, in conjunction with the overall sparseness and use of sandy-like colours, the cartographee (term, patent pending) will instinctively associate it with a desert.

And welcome
    Regards,

RK

Guild Applicant

Here is an update to the map.

Finished adding the forests but I feel like something is off with them. x.x
    Changed my mountains slightly since I didn't think a coniferous forest would grow butted up against a desert x.x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continent2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	34485