Thread: Amazing Art Images

Default Amazing Art Images

Hey all,

I'm new to this whole map creation hobby (or addiction ), and I see alot of amazing talent and art images / maps here and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?

I've been searching all over the net for images that are used specifically for mapping software such as CC3 and Dundjinni but I'm pulling my hair out.

Where do I go to get modern images such as images / objects for schools, hospitals, police stations etc.?

Also, where or how, do some of you get the images of magazines, toilets, sinks, showers etc that I see in a lot of your maps?

Thanks for the help and hopefully, I will have my first map done and up to share

Blog Entries

Welcome,

First of all there is a section here called resources where people post links to images for use in those apps. I would also look at RPGMapShare.com. With modern items you can usually find quite a lot of them as 3D models which you can take into a 3D package and render out a top down view of them and cut them out for use too. This is particularly true for architectural stuff like sinks and sofas etc where people use that a lot in design works. Images of magazines ? Well just scan them. Basically a digital camera and a step ladder are the most useful tools for getting loads of modern things to put into the map applications.