Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isometric Stone Blocks Process

hope nobody minds, but I am going to keep posting small updates as I figure out how to create various isometric map pieces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	return_to_earth.png 
Views:	1689 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	34802  

please do. Looking forward to seeing more. The grass looks great.

another attempt at isometric water... does this look like water or a blue piece of swiss cheese???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box of rain.png 
Views:	829 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	34818  

Gelatinous cube! It's pretty good but less regular "caustics" would be better if possible I think. Also, the mismatch along the cube edges is a bit distracting. I can't imagine how you did this in vector, though, so I can't suggest how to fix either of those issues.
    M

I think only the top square of the water block should have the wave pattern. One would only ever see the sides in cut-out representations anyway, and in those it makes more sense to give more of an underwater impression, rather than that of a vertical surface. I'd make the sides be a solid blue color, and completely opaque to hide that bottom square that you can currently see due to the transparency - while this is not a problem with a single block, it would prolly look pretty awful if you made a deep body of water from these blocks.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

SpongeBob's arctic relative

Seriously though, maybe a few less 'bubbles' and I think it would look better.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think Ghostman has the gist of it. Perhaps adding a subtle gradient from lighter blue at top to darker blue near the bottom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12