Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the CSUAC download?

Question Where is the CSUAC download?

I was told to get my hands on the CSUAC for CC3 but I can't find it. Can someone post me a link please? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    So the host sites are down and no one knows when they're coming back up? Is that the story?

Well does anyone know of a person that has them all and can upload them as a torrent? That'd be the easiest way to do it.

If I go to Dundjinni site will I find some on their forums?

I belive they were packaged up with the CC3 Symbol Set 2.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I don't think those images were ever licensed for sale to ProFantasy. As I understand things, the license states that only the original compiler (Cecil Solomon) is allowed to distribute the symbols as a collection. That's why nobody else has put the collection up anywhere.

All of those images should be available through the Dundjinni forums, since, if I recall correctly, that was where they were originally collected from.

For convenience, here are the relevant paragraphs from the license agreement:

Quote Originally Posted by CSUAC End User License Agreement

(h) you may transfer the Art Pack (complete with all documentation) and the benefit of this EULA to another person provided such person has agreed to accept the terms and obligations of this EULA and you transfer any permitted copies of the Art Pack you may have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this EULA shall automatically terminate and all rights granted hereunder shall terminate as well.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, you are not permitted under any circumstances:
    (a) to load the Art Pack on to a network server for the purposes of distribution to one or more other computer(s) on that network or to effect such distribution.

(d) to use the art pack or the images within the art pack to create a database or as material for a mapping program or application except for your own private use.
    Note that in the context of this license, "transfer" means to copy the files and destroy the original. A little draconian, I know, but you have to be very careful when you're handling other people's copyrighted materials.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Reason I said CC3's Symbol Set, is there is a set of Dungeon Symbols that are originally from the CSUAC (or pretty close) from what I remember.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	1836 
Size:	798.2 KB 
ID:	34519
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

The CSUAC currently is available legally only at this address:

http://www.halerecordings.com/gaming...ite=4&start=30

Note that these are the Dundjinni (TM) versions.

To use them with Fractal Mapper (TM) 8, you need to add an XML file. For instructions, go to:

http://www.nbos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=321

To use them with CC3, you have to make conversions. There should be info on that at the CC3 forum:

http://www.profantasy.com
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Ok so I downloaded this:

CSUACvol2.z01

Now how do I use it with CC3? I don't know what file type that is.

It's a zip file. You need to extract it but you need all parts of the volume.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Ok so I downloaded this:

CSUACvol2.z01

Now how do I use it with CC3? I don't know what file type that is.
    After you unzip it, go to the ProFantasy forums and get information on how to convert the symbols. Using third party PNGs in CC3 is nowhere near as easy as using them in Dundjinni (TM) or Fractal Mapper (TM) 8. For that matter, nothing is as easy in CC3 as in DJ or FM8. Also be prepared for some of the PNGs with transparent backgrounds to turn up with white backgrounds in CC3. CC3 appears to have alpha channel problems with PNGs produced by third party software. There also is discussion of this issue in the CC3 forums at http://www.profantasy,com. You probably would be better off to address these issues there. Ralf Schemmann and the ProFantasy support staff read the forum queries and answer them. I can't give you much help. I got rid of CC3 more than a year ago, and there's a lot that I don't recall about it's technical issues.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast