Thread: Middle-earth + bonus

Map Middle-earth + bonus

Hello again. This map is probably a bit older, but some of you wanted to see some other maps, so here we go. You can even see some tools that I use and there is nothing more to say about it than it's handmade (obviously ) and it's one of a kind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030559.jpg 
Views:	9610 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	34517

Just recently I finished a HUGE (well, for me) project. It's some sort of jewelry box. I know it's vaguely related to maps and cartography at best, but it's a cool idea for a gift and it's not THAT hard to make it. I was inspired by the Alchemy kit sent to selected people by HBO as some sort of an advertisement for the upcoming fantasy series Game of Thrones. When I saw the small wooden box I just fell in love with it and I decided to make myself one. Then I realised, that my sis is turning 30 soon and I did not have even an idea for a fitting gift, so I changed my mind a bit, spent one sunday afternoon thinking, calculating and drawing and two weeks later it was finished. It's perfect gift for your mother, sister or girlfriend. Hell, you can even tune it a little bit and make a luxurious cigar box for your dad or your grandfather's tobacco pipe! The possibilities are limitless and you can learn some things from the process, as I did. Here are some pictures, if you're interested:

Love it! I always liked ink drawings.

That's beautiful. Have some rep! I did the same map back in 8th grade using nib pens...but I didn't have any red! I think yours looks way better than mine did.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Ahh, this is great! =O I love it!