Thread: Dungeon...mostly

Map Dungeon...mostly

This is a dungeon map for a game I'm working on. It is in a place in the world that is almost real and almost not. In some areas the black area is unseen area due to the "dungeon" wall. Some other places, however, are canyons, those places where you can see cliffs (hopefully you see them).

Dungeon starts at 5-7 and ends at 1-2.

2-1 abruptly ends in a straight line. It is actually a wall that creates that, and yeah, its intentional ^^

Mostly, this was me experimenting with different ideas and techniques of design. Let me know what you think ^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-2-1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	34533  
    Last edited by raejekii; 03-21-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

I like this idea alot, its refreshing not typical in the least. As a playing board its clean and no nonsense, and i like the use of texture. However, i'm not sure the sand stone color jive very will with the dark and luminescent "dungeon squares" Tthe thick black lines are bold but also obtrusive against the sandstone color. I would play around with the color and saturation of the background and see what happens, maybe something more stone like grey or marble would serve you better for the mood of the piece. Just my 2 cents!

~Jared