Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might & Magic 10 - A Medieval/Fantasy/Sci-fi RPG Computer Game (World Map Needed!)

It does sound like fun. I also have a couple commissions I am already busy with and it's the season when my day job starts going crazy so I find it a little difficult to find the time. I should sell my business off and just go art full time! That would be awesome but I'm not sure what percentage of reality is in the idea. From where I am now it seems like wishful thinking but maybe one day.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks for all the replies guys! Too bad none of you have enough free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    This sounds like an interesting project. I am also real busy with day job plus MeDem and a host of otther things too but I would have liked to have helped out. I am curious about one thing. The map style is like the Chedian example but the shape - is it completely up for grabs ? Is it a random like map with that style ?

Even if you cant describe the map, can you say what sort of data you have to guide the process. Is it a text description, an outline, a greyscale height map or a piece of artwork to match up to.

We can do what is known as forced perspective to get that 3D look and I can get a script to generate quite a lot of the map then it needs more touching up and embellishing with the text, characters and other non terrain bits of it. The scripting bit I could do quite quickly if that helps you get started. Some people like to make the whole map from scratch tho if they are going to sign up to do it.
    Actually we already have one of the maps drawn out. It is a finished "rough sketch" of it, but I'd like to make it into the style of the MM9 Chedian map for consistency to prevail. Basically it's a map that doesn't look like a professional quality, finished map.
    Chedian is part of a continent called Rysh, and we've gotten a hold of the full map of Rysh, so I'd like to redesign it all with Chedian included in the mix.

Hopefully a cartographer with some free time on his hands will stop by!

I just wanted to add that I didn't want to post the map of Rysh because it's not supposed to be public yet. If you're interested in seeing it, perhaps to decide whether you'd like to help or not, please say so and I can email it to you to check out.

There is also some future work to be done with our world map, so we'd like to hire a mapmaker for the whole project. We'd call on you assignment by assignment, but you would be considered a part of our team and could help out in any other areas of the game that you'd like to!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12