Thread: Underground Throne Room

Map Underground Throne Room

Here is a map I put together a while back for the climactic end battle of a Dungeons and Dragons game. I was aiming for a subterranean throne chamber with a sacrificial altar in it, upon which a poor hapless person was about to get a bad end before the adventurers show up.

This map was made using Paint.net, along with the freeware demo of Genetica to render some seamless textures.

This was the first map I made with hand-drawn elements in it, and any tips are more than welcome. I particularly am interested in improving the walls to make the room appear to sink more into the image, and I am not to happy with the throne (I feel it's lines are too rough compared to the other elements in the map). If anyone has any pointers to drawing cavern walls from a top-down perspective, or drawing thrones/chairs I would love to hear about it!

Attribution: This map contains artwork provided by both Torstan (from his wonderful 100px MapTools elements) and Greytale (from his Greytale's Nook website). My deepest appreciation to them both for generously providing such wonderful art pieces for us hobbyists and enthusiasts.
    Torstan
    • Burning oil bowls
    • Hanging Tapestry's
    • Rugs
    • Candle

GreyTale
    • Skulls on Spikes
    • Blood Bowl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kobold King's Chamber JPEG.jpg 
Views:	1043 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	34552
    Last edited by Wannabehero; 03-23-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Nice map WH and I think you are on the right track with the throne. Thanks for the mention it is always appreciated.
    Last edited by greytale; 03-25-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Have you dressed your dungeon lately?
    GREYTALE.COM