Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City tile ideas

Guild Member

I think what we need is a hexagonal city block mapping challenge. Once the challenge is over, perhaps one or two of our best mappers convert the hexagons into a common style. Thisway, we'd get a whole bunch of tiles from which to use in the future. Or at least a head start.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Sounds do-able.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atreidestm View Post
    I´m uploading my second version of a hexagonal quarter based on Torstan original idea.
    [snip]
    The only problem is when you join the hexquarters, they usualy need a few adjustments so the houses could fit properly. Soo far, I´m liking the results in my city. I uploaded the PSD version so more people could conduct experiences and show new results.
    Oooh, preeetttyyy . . .

I would say though, that on a map TILE, the buildings should stay within the tile, unless they are going to line up no matter how you turn the tiles. So I would say tweak realism just a bit so that they fit. Also, I'd suggest having the road background in its own layer covering the entire tile, with the buildings then placed on top. It would just look cleaner. That or put in a dirt background or something underneath the clusters.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Here is my alteration to the hex image as provided by atreidestm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hexquarter_vs2.5.psd 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	35854

Mostly the same, just added a background to it and moved some buildings around so they don't stick off the edge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123