Thread: My take on the Bright College in Altdorf (Warhammer)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map My take on the Bright College in Altdorf (Warhammer)

In the official sourcebooks it say, that the magic colleges in Altdorf are scattered all over the city, some even don't lie directly in the city. I don't like that idea much and decided to alter the setting:
    Since they were all founded by Teclis the High Elf, i assume he wanted them centralized instead to better control them. Also there are eight colleges, wich makes a great Chaos Star, if you put all colleges together. I also wanted easy interaction between the mages of the different colleges as my campaign focusses on the politics inside the magic colleges. So in my campaign all colleges are put in one place (just above the Morrwies Graveyard in the east of the city). Together they shape a Chaos Star, with a new building in the middle: The Magic Council. This council is just a gigantic room with lots of balconies on several floors, where debates are held and the famous Patriarch of the Magic Orders holds speeches. My players are of the Bright College, so i made a floorplan of that college. Also each college has ranks of 1 to 7, where the 7th rank is the archmage himself. The first two ranks are apprentice ranks and serve the higher ranks. Ranks 3-7 have their own floor with the archmage (Thyrus Gormann) residing in the topmost floor for himself.
    I'm sorry all the text is in german, if someone is interested i can probably translate the text.

What do you think of it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feuerakademie.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	848.7 KB 
ID:	34606  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thats really good. Very clean lines and interesting story. Good work
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.