Thread: March/April Lite Challenge Entry: Guard Post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default March/April Lite Challenge Entry: Guard Post

So I decided to stick my hand into this one, I'm wanting to learn how to do encounter maps, and this seems like a good place to start

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lite2a.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	34631  
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Good you have joined Yandor and also a good start!

thanks Katto, i figure with the less amount of people I may actually win, hahahah =P j/k but yours is looking mighty fine too!

So I took a lot more time, and I think I'm nearing the finished stage...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	lite2b.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	34669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lite2b1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	34668  
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The floor texture might be a bit heavy but otherwise I dig it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I agree, this is looking very nice, but the floor texture is a bit crisp. I'm not sure what software you are using, but if you have a surface blur or unfocus filter you can apply to the floor layer, it might yield good results.

But still, I'm liking your tile. Where did you get your dungeon elements, like your tables and chairs and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehero View Post
    I agree, this is looking very nice, but the floor texture is a bit crisp. I'm not sure what software you are using, but if you have a surface blur or unfocus filter you can apply to the floor layer, it might yield good results.

But still, I'm liking your tile. Where did you get your dungeon elements, like your tables and chairs and such?
    Hey thanks, and the dungeon tile stuff, came from Dunjinni's forum/monthly artist contribution thingy they have. I downloaded the last 2 years full of zip files of random objects and items so I just ran through them a bit and pulled the objects I wanted. I know if I use the actual Dunjinni objects thats a big No No but from my understanding this should be fine...
    Projects

So I adjusted the floor tiles, fixed the doors, and adjusted the lighting on the shadow one. I also added in a rug, during the lighter time its normal, at night its gives off an aura or glow... Other then that most of the same, and calling this pretty much done unless someone can point out some stuff to fix!

Hmm just noticed the lighting on the doors (bottom left seemed to of gone weird... I'll have to check in on that... Fixed

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	lite2c.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	34835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lite2c1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	34839  
    Last edited by Yandor; 04-04-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Projects

Very nice change on the floor texture, it helps everything else pop out more. I like the rug also

My only suggestion would be to lighten the shadows in the rooms that are pretty much black. I figure you are showing the lighting perspective from the torch sconces, but it is shame to have those rooms decked out and not be able to see anything there!