Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission: Fenton

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Commission: Fenton

I have this marked as a commission but I'm just sort of taking the intiative on this as I haven't heard back from the requester yet.

This is the idea

A castle with a wall in a semi oval shape off the side of a mountain to the north. with a village named "Fenton" to the south with about ten farms and a few other buildings. One road leading up from the village to the castle. Could a person do this for free to make a group of people happy?
    This is what I've come up with so far. I don't have any details about the size of the castle but extrapolating from the descrition it sounds like it might be small to medium size. I am not the best castle creator so this one is more "representational" than photo realistic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fenton.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1,004.8 KB 
ID:	34651
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Did some more work on this. I started to add the farms.

Views:	95 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	34655
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

thanks, this is looking pretty good so far! Hundreds of times better than the chicken scratch i had drawn out on paper. The castle is the right size, could you keep the houses and farms no further north than they are (up=north).

Blog Entries

I'm glad you like it. I'll keep everything south of where it is now.

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Here it is in a finished (pending approval) state. This was fun. If you need any changes please let me know.

Views:	89 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	34790

Finished Maps

I like it. Just one little problem.. The village is far from water. If could take out the water that would be great!

Blog Entries

No problem. I put that in there as a whim to see what it would look like. I'll remove it

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Here is Fenton without the water. The map is currently in jpeg format. If you need something else please let me know.

Views:	104 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	34868

Finished Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like that grass.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

this is great! you dont need to do anything else to the map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast