Thread: Please help create a world map

Help Please help create a world map

I am looking for someone to draw a map for a campaign I will be running soon. I've made several attempts, but found that my capabilities are insufficient.

Time Constraints:
    None at this time...

Style of Map:
    I'm open to different styles, but here are a couple of styles that have caught my eye:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...8&d=1301069265
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../wildlands.jpg

Description of Map:
    Continent 1:
    This is a massive continent, roughly equivalent to Eurasia/Africa in size.
    Regions -
    Plains – An extensive region of tall and short grass prairies (think US Great Plains)
    Mountains – At least one range of mountains, extending through the center of the northern part of the continent.
    Central Valley – A central valley in the mountain range (surrounded by extremely tall mountains, with one pass
    entering into the valley, and one massive mountain that is an active volcano). This valley should be at
    least 100 miles at it's longest point, and 200 miles at it's widest, with one large lake and one major
    river flowing into and out of the lake (smaller streams and tributaries as it makes sense).
    Foothills – A few regions of foothills and lesser mountains surrounding the main peaks (think Wales)
    Deserts – One major desert, separating the northern and southern regions of the continent
    Forests – Several small and large forests ranging throughout the continent, broken up by settled areas of farm land.
    Wetlands – Some areas of marsh land, swamps, bogs, as well as lakes and river systems
    Tundra – The extreme northern and southern ranges of the continent extend into arctic and tundra regions
    Islands – A few islands exist off the coasts of this continent, mostly smaller but at least one of moderate size.
    Notable items -
    The capital city of one of the Kingdoms in the northern region of the continent was built with the main city on the
    mainland, and the nobility and richer residents living on an island just off the coast – with only a pair of bridges leading from the
    mainland to the island. The drop off to the sea is a sheer cliff.

Continent 2:
    This continent is smaller and less diverse. For the region overall think of the China/Korea/Japan/Thailand/India region of Asia.
    Regions -
    Mountains – This continent is largely mountainous.
    Plains – Rivers sourced in the mountains feed fertile plains.
    Forests – There are a few small forests on the continent.
    Deserts – There is a desert region of at least a few hundred square miles.
    Islands – There are a couple of large islands off the coast, and several smaller ones.

Island Chains:
    There are really no restrictions on island chains, other than the ones identified near the continents and one small chain roughly
    half-way between the two continents.

Copyright:
    This map would primarily be used for VTT games, and possibly for posting to a web site for the campaign world. I would want the rights to use the map for these purposes. There is no intention of ever using the map for commercial purposes at this time.

Contact Information:
    I can be reached at tjolnir at gmail.com for more information.

I appreciate any help that can be provided. I also understand that drawing maps takes time, so I am open to reasonable compensation requests.

Thank you all for your time!
    Michael
    Last edited by psychoprep; 03-31-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Michael,

Hey there. I am always on the lookout for new commissions. Feel free to take a look at my album of work over here to see my work.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 03-29-2011 at 05:59 PM.

This request has been taken. Thank you all for your time!