Alright, here's Yet Another Map. This one is going to be fairly simple, since it's an ocean world. It's part of my Sci Fi universe, and I am mapping it as a reference for something else (non-map) I am working on.

Background: Oceania was discovered during the golden age of the first wave of interstellar expensaion. Earth and her colonies were prosperous, and with countless colonies providing ample resources and living space, this terratype planet was considered to be worthless: With the only major landmasses being small and in the artic regions, most resources it held would require submarine mining - costly and dangerous. There was also simply not enough living space to set up a large scale colony. Kelp farming was considered the only possible industry, and frankly seaweed did not sell for much on the interstellar markets.

The world was subsequently acquired by a wealthy businessman, who turned it into a vacation planet. The countless islands provided endless beach-front real estate, and clever marketing made the world famous throughout Federated space.

First WIP attached.

Locations are (mostly) named after famous Earth seaside locations and islands.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starport-world-001-small.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	478.8 KB 
ID:	34673