Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Page Dungeon Submission - The Tomb of the Traitor King

Default One Page Dungeon Submission - The Tomb of the Traitor King

Here's is my last edit for the one page dungeon comp and what I've submitted to Alex. Personally, I'm proud of the progress I've made on encounter styled maps and really enjoyed this project regardless if I win anything. I wish good luck to RE and Gamerprinter on their submissions and hope to see all three of our names on the list of winners. If you would like a non labeled version or an edit please ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Tomb of the Traitor King.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	34702  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done Geamon...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, nice stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Love this map, always nice to see welldone encounter maps, bravo!

nice job, good luck with your entry.

Personally, from viewing the blog links of most of the other maps on the OPDC page, most everyone else is creating tiny inset maps on a wall of text covering most of the page. The best maps by far will be mine, Geamon and Reckless Enthusiasm - at least among those that I can see, since about a third of the maps posted don't have links, so I can't really see what their entries look like. The main good thing is that there will be at least 21 winners and there are currently just short of 40 map entries in total, which means half the maps are winners already. And by the links posted, some of those entries aren't even following all the contest's criteria, so several of those entries will not qualify for a win at all.

I think the Guild is well represented this time, primarily for the lack entries, and the lack of following the contest rules. I think the CG members entries will have all the top positions in this year's contest.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

This is looking great! Very filled and lots of interesting things to look at! I agree that we'll no doubt be standing side-by-side in the winner's circle.

It is kind of nice that they have so many winners, but I also kind of wish they had an absolute #1, #2, and #3. It seems like people deserve a numerical ranking in any such contest.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 03-29-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

@TheRedEpic : Really appreciate it, especially coming from you. I think your encounter maps are some of the most well done maps I've seen.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

They have an 'absolute' number 1, everybody else is number 2, unless you don't win, then you might get an honorable mention and a runner up. The number 1 is Best Cartography...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Geamon this is really excellent. I think it might be the best you have done to date. Awesome job, I hope you win.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast