Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OPDC entry

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even more Awesome
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you have the time the only thing that I'd do is to stroke the houses, probably by hand, and put the roof-ridge-line thingy in. It would all hang together more cohesively, IMO. Cool border, dude.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Cheers Big A and JT. Doing the roof ridgy thing would be nice, but it is far too much work for this...I just wanted to get something respectable in (well, barely respectable) as I told Alex I wanted to enter the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Those streets were really beginning to annoy me, so I redid them, and gave the map a proper border. It's looking respectable now!
    Works for me now. Very nice! Agreed, the streets do look a lot better this way. Are the top and bottom borders slightly offset by design?

Oh, loved you portfolio BTW and much respect for the Steel Remains involvement. (OT)

Description of House of Assassins has "assasins" with missing "s".

Very nice and extremely stylish, I can't believe how quickly you were able to put this together! An excellent entry in my opinion.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking great Ravi, and the second is so much better
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, slightly more "respectable"...respectable enough I'm, no doubt, going to steal it for when and if I ever do run Legacy of Fire (and "Arabic-themed" adventure path from Paizo). Have some rep for a quick and cool map.
    M

Edit: We (well me, at least) often get hung up on making our maps strictly representational, with every thing in the world down to some defined limit being shown on the map. I think maps like this, where you're giving the major features and giving the impression of everything else, backed up by good story, can be just as effective - or maybe even more so. And there's certainly a precedent in the fantasy RPG industry - Sigil in Planescape 2E, for instance. I've gotten too hung up on showing every building (hmph...every vegetable garden!) and need to loosen up and try some maps like this!
    Last edited by mearrin69; 04-04-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast