Thread: Terul [Silverstaff - Section 52]

Guild Member

Wip Terul [Silverstaff - Section 52]

It would be easier probably to start elsewhere, but I really like this section of the map. I've gotten the mountains and hills set for this section. The main focus is on the land of Terul, once the Kingdom of Cerdonia. Over run from the south by a huge humanoid host. They've also bubbled up from the Hidden Hills. After overrunning Cerdonia, they've been effectively bottled up in by the Sentinel Mountains [the major chain], the Sentinel Pass and the sea itself. The exiled government of Cerdonia is on the island to the right. To the west of the Sentinel Mountains are the Brotherhood of the Hammer [dwarves] and beyond that the Bandit Steppes ruled by petty bandits, exiled nobles and generally anyone strong enough to gather and rule. North is Zirdreff, bulwark against the invaders.

I've got the mountains and hills in now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map52.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	34713
    Last edited by Piscivorous; 03-30-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I always fall in love with specific places on my maps, too. I make the whole thing but my mind will keep going back to this one place over an over...probably because I have stories running through my head for that spot but not for the rest. So far, so good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Member

Wip

OK, played around a bit with textures, layers and effects. Used pasis' tutorial for forests and rivers. Also added the Burnt Marsh and the steppes/savanna [yellowish area]:

Name:	Map52a.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	34764

I'll probably tinker with the savanna and forests while I contemplate construction and placement of the settlements, keeps, roads and border effects. A lot of that work will be done in FM8.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks great. I really like the mountains, they look like a dragon with no wings
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Member

Adding a bit of placename text to get a feel. I have so far to go on this project that I'm hardly ready for finalities.

Name:	Map52b.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	39668