Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Award Winner] Fast and Easy Artistic Maps in the GIMP

Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar

I was making some detailed trees and tested out the new brush when I had 3 trees and it worked fine (but seemed to produce one tree more often than the other 2). I made 2 more trees and when I went to test it out with 5 trees it would only produce the tree at the top of the list despite me choosing random and 5 ranks. What's going on? The size I set was 400x500, wouldn't work despite multiple attempts and fiddling. I then tried 500x500, no effect. 400x400, still producing only the tree at the top of the list. Then I finally deleted trees 4 and 5 and it wouldn't work with the exact same settings it worked at earlier with three trees. What's going on???

Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar

I figured this out. When you save your brush the first time, it automatically fills in the # of cells as the number of layers in the file. If you add layers after your first save, make sure to adjust the number of cells. The # of cells should always be equal to the # of layers, just like the # of ranks.

Just want to say a quick thanks for this tutorial. Quite apart from anything else, I've been using GIMP for years but have only just realised how animated brushes work!! Can't believe how much time that would have saved me over the years

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345