Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailiwan in color

Wip Bailiwan in color

This is my first attempt at a color map so many thanks to all of those who posted the tutorials on this site. I would appreciate all of the criticism I can get!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HordeLands_LOWRES.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	34772  
    The road to success is always under construction.

Love a big map Looks fantastic
    Regards,

RK

For a first it's bloody amazing! Great work.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good job, man. The presentation looks great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks all. Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd leave it alone and call it Great!!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

This is just excellent. Even more so as a first map. I really like it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If I were to suggest anything: first I'd taper the rivers instead of them being the same width all the way to the end. Minor thing, happens all the time. Second, might throw in some other colors like rust, orange, dark brown - everything's green, light green, or tan. But those colors have to be tied to the terrain and since the terrain isn't all that defined then it's hard to place the colors correctly. This is also a minor thing and, for this style, probably useless so you can ignore it Third, the mountains are all the same - they look more like dunes or hills so I'd definitely get some more definition into the mountains. This is the only thing that I think that needs attention. So you can throw out the first and second things, if you want, as they are more pointers than anything but the mountains need a bit o work to bring them out more. All in all, as I said earlier, it looks really nice and easy on the eyes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    If I were to suggest anything: first I'd taper the rivers instead of them being the same width all the way to the end. Minor thing, happens all the time. Second, might throw in some other colors like rust, orange, dark brown - everything's green, light green, or tan. But those colors have to be tied to the terrain and since the terrain isn't all that defined then it's hard to place the colors correctly. This is also a minor thing and, for this style, probably useless so you can ignore it Third, the mountains are all the same - they look more like dunes or hills so I'd definitely get some more definition into the mountains. This is the only thing that I think that needs attention. So you can throw out the first and second things, if you want, as they are more pointers than anything but the mountains need a bit o work to bring them out more. All in all, as I said earlier, it looks really nice and easy on the eyes.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast