Thread: New Map Pack - The Necromancer's Lair

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default New Map Pack - The Necromancer's Lair

It's the first of the month, and that means a new Fantastic Maps map pack, in partnership with Kobold Quarterly! This month we go dark and dungeon-y with a Necromancer's Lair. The map shows a large underground room with spiked pits, rubble, raised platforms, gargoyle statues and magic circles.

The battlemap was originally created for an article in Kobold Quarterly #13 on alternative structures for combat encounters - and was used to illustrate a 'capture the flag' style encounter, written by Matthew Hanson. The PCs must navigate obstacles and foes to 'liberate' the necromancer's orb and make it out alive. With this battlemap you can play the encounter as written, or use it for your own dark ends.

The map pack comes with:
    • PDF map packs in colour and printer friendly greyscale in letter and A4 formats for you to print out and use at the gametable.
    • High res jpgs with and without grids for use in your virtual tabletop of choice - or for printing out as a large format poster map
    • Maptool campaign files for 4e and OGL games with light and vision implemented

There are also a few added extras in this pack:
    • .png magic circle files that you can drop onto any map - each in an array of different colours
    • Statue tokens
    • An illustration of the Necromancer's Orb for use as a player handout.

You can pick up the map pack here. Whilst you're there, be sure to check out the other packs in the Fantastic Maps store. Enjoy!

Last edited by torstan; 05-02-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice torstan (as usual) - only criticism would be the grid is a little heavy
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More cool stuff... if only I still played...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks!

@Tilt - it was necessary to have it show up in printing it turned out. The pack has versions of the map without the grid, so it's easy enough to pull it back. This was the map where I learned that it would be best to have square grid sized flagstones. it means you don't have lots of lines all vying for your attention and makes a map a lot cleaner.

Very Nice. The crystal ball is great.
    Have you dressed your dungeon lately?
    GREYTALE.COM

Pretty cool. I like how the summoning circles glow!