Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My first regional map

Nice map. Well done! The names on the map are especially good, because we can read them (good font) and they don't sound like boring gibberisch.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you're in Photoshop, grab the Rectangular Marquee tool. In the top left corner click and hold then drag to the bottom right and let go of the button when you get to the place you want. It doesn't matter what layer you are on at this point (not really). While the selection is still active, click on Image - Crop, then deselect (ctrl-d). This crops the whole image to the selection. If you want more precise control, then drag out some guides before using the rectangular marquee tool (that's what I do). Normally this process works on the layer that you are on, deleting everything outside of the selection...which is good. So if you had a lot of layers then you would have to do this on every layer. However, if you flatten the image then you only have to do it once.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234