Thread: [WIP] Dornfjord - Regional Map for RPG Campaign

Map [WIP] Dornfjord - Regional Map for RPG Campaign

Hi,

here's a regional map for my RPG Campaign, done in Photoshop CS 2 and Wilbur and with great help of the fantastic tutorials in the tutorials section, especially Jezelf's Heightmap-with-Wilbur-tutorial.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-Dornfjord2.jpg 
Views:	2672 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	40722

The coastline is a rotated copy of an actual norwegian fjord, the toponymes are a crude mixture of German and Swedish.

The map is nearly done, but I think it needs some finishing touches. I'd be glad if you comment it and help me to figure out how I can improve the map.
    Last edited by Grimnir; 12-19-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This is a very good-looking map, but your water needs some texture. Right now it feels like the land is just sitting on top of a blue mass. Perhaps a different border between the land and coast would help, too. For this realistic style of map, i just don't feel like going from green to a thin border to blue looks right.

Hi afters,

thank you for you comment. I smoothed the land-sea-border, changed the water color to a little bit more greenish and added some underwater structures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-Dornfjord4.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	40770
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-12-Dornfjord3.jpg 
Views:	1446 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	40743  
    Last edited by Grimnir; 12-22-2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: The first is the better version