Thread: Free Collab site?

Post Free Collab site?

Hey guys, been away for quite a while.

Anyhow, I'm curious if anyone knows of a free, simple to use website/software, that allows you to set up an account and invite others to work on projects with you. Like creating/editing docs, photos, chatting, etc. I know you can do similar things with blogs, but meh.. it's a bit limited IMHO. I think it would be fun to start a community to share ideas and construct modules for role-playing games.

If I get what you are asking for, you can use both Google Docs or Zoho for shared projects. I currently use Zoho for my PBP game. Zoho Show for map display and tokens, and Zoho Sheet for character sheets. Even though I have everything locked to "read only" for the players, it is possible to set up both sites for collaboration. Hope this helps.

Grey
    Have you dressed your dungeon lately?
    GREYTALE.COM

Or you could use a wiki, although I don't know that most of them have a chat interface. Obsidian Portal comes to mind.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Wikis work great for collaboration because of the history function for each page that allows everyone to see previous versions.

I use it extensively for my game. Everything is passworded to prevent drive by people from editing but all the players can make additions or changes.

It also sounds like you could use Google Wave that is what it was originally meant for. It has been mostly shut down now but you might still find someone using the API for it. Or just Google Docs and share them with a specific group.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org