Thread: A veil of madness

Help A veil of madness

It's been a long time since I've posted on the Cartographer's Guild. In that time, I have succumbed to a sort of ever-growing DETAIL MADNESS concerning my maps. I have been working on a homebrew AD&D campaign setting for about 3 years, and I inevitably wind up increasing the resolution or size of my maps repeatedly trying to get a realistic level of settlement in civilized areas.

This has culminated recently in my most massive file to date being expanded yet again to accommodate villages that are closer to together than ever (4-5 miles in the settled regions, 8-10 miles in the borderlands, 10-30 miles in the hinterlands). Is there anyone else out there struggling with this problem of scale? If so, what do you do?

My world map is 13496x13496 (for convenience sake I started editing on one file so everything would be properly scaled together, which seems like a mistake now). I just decided to kick it up by 400% in order to get more villages down in my settled heartlands. HALP!

Do you enjoy it? If so, why need help?
    Regards,

RK

I victim of this detail-madness too = big map with little chances to complete : )

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
    Do you enjoy it? If so, why need help?
    Mostly because my machine is starting to have REAL trouble handling the ever-expanding filesize of my master map.

Just split by 2 or 4 parts for work process.