Hi, I've posted a few times here before. I've recently returned to a map I made last summer, and have recently had a potential problem pointed out to me that I would like to check with the greater community of this forum.

A friend of mine (who is a geography minor) recently told me that a certain wooded valley I have on my map technically shouldn't exist, due to the 'rain shadow' effect. When making the map, I did my best to make it as realistic as I could. I admit, I am somewhat ignorant of the rain shadow principle however.

Would anyone mind giving me their thoughts on this? The valley in question in located on the larger continent named Aevir. There is a large mountain range running from north to south on the western side, with a much smaller range to the east of it. In between these two ranges is a wooded valley with a river running through the middle. Is this realistic, or should this not occur in nature? I would like my world to look as natural as possible, without having to resort to magical influence.

This is the link to my map:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...0&d=1281181606

The posted map is somewhat lower quality than the hand drawn original, however it's the only form I have access to for the time being.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.