Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

3 18.75%

Thread: Work in pairs

Default Work in pairs

There is many nice ideas for challenge suggestions... And I have one proposition, somewhat uncommon (I hope). So, mappers will have rather broad thematics - continent or country, but must work in pairs, like team. Idealy - one with great skill, renown and other - more humble member.

This can be...
    1. Fun
    2. Improve community teamworking
    3. Intensive exchange of experience
    4. This is just... right and good thing

UPD: Well, now I see that something like this was before. Sorry for my brain-fart, as someone said here before : ) I realy enjoy learning english here too.
    Last edited by Sergei Zybin; 04-08-2011 at 06:31 AM.

I'd be up for this...though it'd have to occur on a "good" month when I had time to commit in order for me to participate.

Have you put any thought into how folks would be paired up? Would members make their own partnerships or would they be assigned? Either way might be interesting. I think the experienced-novice pairing idea is a good one...though I wouldn't mind seeing the combined results of a couple of the forum "greats"!
    M

Ochen' horosho Sergei, your english is coming along well.

This is a very interesting idea, though as one of the "more humble" I would almost feel sorry for the artist who got paired up with me! It would definitely create some very interesting pieces though, particularly if both participants in a team had distinctive styles. I can also see the potential for creating closer relationships among members in a team, particularly if they communicate well with one another.

Naw, not for me. I am a very busy guy, and though I don't like to start challenges only to drop out due to real life schedule - that's only happened once, this last challenge. I don't want to be the partner in a pair that has to drop out of competition, due to commissions and publication work, but it could very well happen, as busy as I've been the past (almost a year now.) Besides, I'm a creative loner, in that I'd rather create my own work - while I've been working closely with others in a Patronage Project for my publication, I still prefer to work on my own. I'm a poor team player. Too many cooks spoil the broth - and all that.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very nice idea
    Regards,

RK

Wannabehero, thanks : )

Yes, all who say that they better feel themselfs in lonewolf are right. Map-creating far more than 1-2 h. Work in pairs (or even larger groups) is unstable and unpredictable. Someone can disapear, be busy with commissions and e t. c. This is 100% correct. But I think this is more correct for professionals. They already skilled and some cooperation for fun can be just time-waste. But it can be nice for mapping-amateurs and all who is new for it - more time and romantics. I dont know how to explain. Language restriction.

I think members can chose their "partymembers" as they wish. Another ided - put some restriction to final size of map to allow things go faster with this risky teamwork.

Big thanks for opinions.

Blog Entries

I think this sounds like a good idea.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

As example of realization of my own idea, Im ready to cooperate with most worst cartographer here : ))

It sounds like it would be an interesting project. I'm not sure how it will turn out however. Speaking for myself I work in fits and starts. In other words I stare at the wall and when it hits me I go nuts for hours until some real world garbage comes along and interrupts me. This tends to have me cramming like mad to finish right up to the deadline. I'm pretty sure every challenge I entered I did not do anything until it was at least half way through. I love the pressure I guess and it makes me go go go. I also tend to work late into the night so it might be tough to communicate with someone who has a totally different schedule.

That said, I'm game to give it a shot.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt