Thread: Dynamic Graticule other than FTPro.

Question Dynamic Graticule other than FTPro.

I am right now using FTPro to map my world. I like the way it renders graticule to my demand but it's kinda clunky and slow. Is there any other software out there that can do the same as FTPro but better? To clarify I do not need it for land building, just to use dynamic latitude and longitude, I build my own land forms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
    I am right now using FTPro to map my world. I like the way it renders graticule to my demand but it's kinda clunky and slow. Is there any other software out there that can do the same as FTPro but better? To clarify I do not need it for land building, just to use dynamic latitude and longitude, I build my own land forms.
    What exactly do you mean by 'dynamic graticule'? On the fly reprojection? If so, it's just an inherently computationally intensive process that slows things down depending on the particular projections involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    What exactly do you mean by 'dynamic graticule'? On the fly reprojection? If so, it's just an inherently computationally intensive process that slows things down depending on the particular projections involved.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking. After looking around at other mapping systems I think it will be best to stick to FT for that. It seems to be the best for what I'm doing.