Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask for help - town mapping

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Aelyn View Post
    Ich bin ein Butterfertiger - no real sentence, the word butterfertiger doesn't exist
    Actually, Google shows that Butterfertiger is a perfectly good word. Some sort of dairy processing machine, although I'm doubtful that Google's translation of it as a "butter paver" is idiomatically correct. It seems to be an industrial butter churn.

Oh I see, I've just googled it myself. Seems it's just a machine making butter. I had considered "fertiger" to be some kind of misguided comparison of "fertig" (done), but it probably comes from "fertigen" (to craft). But this word is definitely not very common, judging from the fact that a representative sample of educated German native speakers (3, hehe) said they had never heard it.

Guess this actually underlines my point: none of the placenames in the map make any sense
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12