Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April 2011 Challenge Entry: Beacon Station Awaterra 6

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Other than the pathways? looking somewhat out of place with the rest of the piece. This is really quite nice.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yeah I know that pathways are kind of redundant underwater but when I tried removing them it still looked wierd, may have to fiddle around with it.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think all you need to do is even them up a bit, they are very jagged-y looking.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yeah they are jagged but that's because i tried leaving them straight but with the square tiles it looks wierd to have them cut off at odd angles. Maybe could play around with it and add sort of like a border pavement to the edges of it to create a smooth edged pathway.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

You should make it transition from sand to tile and add some of the sand to the top of the path ways. I'm thinking the water currents would always keep the path dirtyish looking or at least have an edge that's not so cut and dry.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah, I think geamon is right about having the sand "bleed" onto the paths. Not too much cause I am sure that there would be someone whose job it is to keep the base from being obver run by sand, but enough to get rid of the jaged edges.

Looks great otherwise Well done.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Okay, I've added an extra layer of sand over the edges of the tiles, there are still noticeable edges but as Korash said they probably have someone to sweep most of the sand away.

-D-

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awaterra 06.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	35251  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 04-24-2011 at 12:46 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Guild Journeyer

That is such a cool map and would be fantastic for a gamma world campaign!

Thank you, the proccess of making the underwater effect was actually pretty easy and had a massive impact on the look of the map. I can teach you if you want.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Wow, what a stunner! I'm really impressed. But then, I've always been impressed with your maps D, so no big surprise there.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast