Thread: April 2011 Challenge Entry: Beacon Station Awaterra 6

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default April 2011 Challenge Entry: Beacon Station Awaterra 6

Okay, I have an idea and not a lot of time, perfect.

Ever sinse I did the night overlay of the Escape the Estate map I've been looking for a reason to play around with dark blues and glows, now I have it. Also, I just watch the Young Justice episode "Downtime" so I've been wanting to take a crack at an undersea setting.

What I'm thinking is like a small underwater military outpost of sorts, the general backstory is that a once powerful and advanced amphibious race were forced into the sea when the"lesser land animals" rose up and over threw them. So my outpost is going to be sleek, futuristic but bearing all the little quirks and features of a mostly aquaitc race. I'm also going to be adding some ruins and craters, just to give the hint that maybe the land animals have tried to attack Awaterra 6, depth charges and the like.

Below is a very rough plan for my map.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rough Plan.jpg 
Views:	3054 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	35067  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...