Thread: April Challenge Entry: The Trade City of Prima

Default April Challenge Entry: The Trade City of Prima

I'm gonna throw my hat in for the regular challenge and see where it goes. I'm doing a homage to SNES JRPG's I've played. To this effect I'm doing an artistic rendition of Prima the underwater trade city of the Manillo from Breath of Fire. The Manilla are a race of fish humanoids who are merchants at heart and have the power to transform into large fish who can travel long distances underwater in short period of time. Being able to access any landmass the Manilla effectively make the ultimate traders. Included is the pixel art of the city in question and a character art of Gobi the PC who joins your party and the transformation form to demonstrate how they look. I'm thinking a hand drawn ISO map of the town is the style I'm heading but am still unsure. Any suggestion is welcome on style.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prima - Original SNES Pixel Art.jpg 
Views:	759 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	35093  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

Interesting concept! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get any of this concept fleshed out due to bad timing with taking my first commission for the folks at tornworld.com.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.