View Poll Results: Which logo do you prefer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) The Cornucopia

8 34.78%
  • 2) Retro (modern?)

1 4.35%
  • 3) Crest

2 8.70%
  • 4) My original

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Logo (poll!)

Default Feedback on Logo

Hi all-

I've been reading some design books on logos and logotypes and have been playing with alternatives to my existing logotype (in sig)

Here are a couple options I'd like feedback on please....

1) The Cornucopia - keeps elements of my existing logo (font/globe) and incorporates a stylized cornucopia. The icon including the C can be used as a stand-alone logo:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rect3282.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	35077

2) Retro (modern?) - more stylized, the glob is pushed into a 3d abstract form that creates the C. Lowercase font adds to the retro look. The icon is also standalone:

Name:	rect3284.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	35078

3) Crest - Trying for an traditional look that has been simplified and cleaned up - a symmetrical crest and logo based on a globe braced by cornucopias:

Name:	rect5723.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	35079

4) My original:

Name:	logosplash.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	35080

Thanks for any feedback-

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The globe in the first one has lines that are too thick and dominate the C, some thinner lines might work. I like the second one the most, very simple and very stylish.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Number 1 suits the name the best I think.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Number 3 for me, with Number 1 a close second.

Honestly, I think Number 2 loses a lot of the appeal of the original, and doesn't offer really anything in return in terms of style or aesthetic. The modern/retro styling is just a little incongruous, seeming to be a bit corporation-y.
    Regards,

RK

I like #1 the best of the new logos...incorporating the cornucopia works. Agreed that the "C" gets a bit lost in there.

Honestly, though, I like your original logo the best of the bunch.
    M

I like your original logo best too. If I had to describe the feelings that each of the logos generated for me they would be:

Original Logo: Makes me think of retro world maps.
    1. Cornucopia: The stylised horn of plenty looks like an unfolding fern (which is also cool) but maybe confusing. Makes me think of something growing.
    2. Retro/Modern: My favourite of the 3. I like the cleverness of using negative space to make the C and you have enough of a globe there. Feels modern and friendly with all those rounded edges on the typeface.
    3. Crest: Looks too cliched. There must a zillion logos with laurel wreaths around a globe. This gives the feeling of 'world champion' but it's been so overused I wouldn't touch it.

This really does need a poll.
    Regards,

RK

I voted for the original - I think it does the best job of conveying a 'map' feel. The first gets lost in the cornucopia, the second seems too stylized and the third makes me think of the United Nations and Starfleet logos. I like your original the best.

#4 for me. #1, the C is lost in the design and makes it almost appear that your company name is Artocopia.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

#4 is the real eye catcher. The others just seem like font and logo. The fourth one feels like an image that says something about what you can expect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast