Thread: No Retreat 2: The African Campaign by VPG

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default No Retreat 2: The African Campaign by VPG

Hey all:

Its been some time since I posted so I though I would update things a bit with what I have been up to. By far the largest project was making up the maps for a war-game called No Retreat2: The African Campaign by Victory Point Games. It was a big project because of its size; they needed 5 maps instead of just one.

The game and maps were actually finished in Illustrator and worked fine. But Alan (head honcho at VPG) asked me if I could punch up the graphics a notch. So I ported the Illustrator files out to Photoshop and went at it. I changed the background textures, but used the in-hex textures that came with the Illustrator files. then I added in all the "fun stuff" like the pictures, the propaganda posters, the tanks and the town images. The towns were ported out of CC3 and look pretty good I think. Better than just the random squares of the original map. also the original maps simiply ended at the last full hex. I hate that! So I boxed all the maps up and added in the (unplayable) partial hexes, to make them look a bit more like there was more to the map that you couldnt see.

This was all done in quite a rush, as the game itself was finished and they wanted to release it ASAP. As it turned out, they then ended up waiting quite a while to actually release it, as other projects kept bumping back the final publication date. I wish I had just a tad more time with it, as there are a few tiny flaws I would have liked to iron out, but its done now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NR2map1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	407.1 KB 
ID:	35116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NR2map2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	35117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NR2map3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	531.9 KB 
ID:	35118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NR2map4.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	443.8 KB 
ID:	35119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NR2map5.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	429.6 KB 
ID:	35120