Thread: Battle maps in Photoshop

Default Battle maps in Photoshop

So I'm thinking that I'd like to use photoshop for all my map making. I've got some brushes and techniques down for making like, map maps... world maps/overviews of an area. But now I'm trying to do grid based, exploration maps. My only issue, is that i'm not entirely sure how I can use symbols for CC3/FM8 in photoshop. Is there a way to do that?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

CC3 and FM8 use .png files I believe. You can open them with Photoshop.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Yea, I know that... I guess my question is, is there a quick/easy way to convert png's to PS brushes? I know you can open them in PS and assign it to be a brush... but the prospect of doing that to thousands of files, one by one, is not at all exciting... O.o

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The main drawback to turning all of those things into brushes is that they will be grayscale in Photoshop. If you want to keep the color then you will want to make them brushes in Gimp.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps