Thread: The Halls of Ash (Tapestry of Flies Preview Map)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Map The Halls of Ash (Tapestry of Flies Preview Map)

"The Halls of Ash" is one of five maps for a Pathfinder RPG adventure I am writing called "Tapestry of Flies" which will be distributed as a free download under Paizo's Community Use Liscence once it is complete. This particular map (the second in the set), focuses on the Mortuary of Cindermort Abbey - a monastery devoted to the goddess Pharasma, Lady of Graves. The other areas of the complex explore Pharasma's other interests including birth and prophecy.

This map is my second contribution to the guild and I feel that I have improved somewhat since my first attempt (see Rag's End Orphanage). I have focused on lightening up my shadows and choosing a cohesive color palette. Although I have been trying to introduce more color into my maps, I still find myself gravitating to the desaturated colors, but it since it suits the tone of the adventure, I think I am happy with the overall effect.

Thanks to those who commented on my first piece and I'd love to hear some constructive criticism on this one. (Any if anybody would like to colaborate with me on this project, either as an artist or writer, please drop me a line.)

<Please rate this thread>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOB-1 - The Halls of Ash.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	35133  
    Last edited by Jerett L. Schaufele; 04-16-2011 at 12:27 PM.