Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maps for HS2 Orcs of Stonefang Pass

Default Maps for HS2 Orcs of Stonefang Pass

This map is used for two encounters, 1 & 8. Please C&C.

These are the edited versions...I guess it was premature to post in the "Finished Maps" section
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Encounters 1 & 8 - River Hunters & The Citadel - No Grid (Edit 2).jpg 
Views:	650 
Size:	990.0 KB 
ID:	35254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Encounters 1 & 8 - River Hunters & The Citadel - Grid (Edit 1).jpg 
Views:	974 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	35253  
    Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 04-21-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Added updated maps

Very nice! Your water is particularly good looking. Do I detect some Image After textures in there? That site is the source of much of my texture library.
    M

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow these are great. The only thing I could see is that the broken parts of the bridge could use some "depth" maybe a little shading around the edges. Either way their awesome
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

@ mearrin69: The bulk of the textures I use come from CG textures. I'll have to go look at Image After.

@jtougas: Looking at them now, I agree. I think maybe a bit of a bevel along the broken edges might help them show up better.

Thanks!

Very nice maps. Good job

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks good. I'd suggest pulling back the textures on the river a little. They're very dominant at the moment. I find that a base colour with a few textures over the top set to overlay, or soft light with low opacity does a good job of providing the texture whilst still allowing different elements to blend together. The drop shadow on your rover edge is a bit heavy too - it makes it look like it's floating.

I love the towers - you've done a great job with the textures on those, and the shadows work perfectly to give the impression of their height. Good stuff - looking forward to seeing more.

Guild Journeyer

I think the river might be so "violent" like that because it's actually very rapid. Though I can't remember.

I do remember that HS2 gave us the greatest monster ever: Giant Archerfish. Because nothing says heroic like giant fish that squirt water at you.

I was kinda going for a rapids-type thing, since it's just before a waterfall. I'll mess around with it and see what happens. I see what you mean about the shore shadow too.

I like mapping constructed things rather than natural settings...why do so many encounters have to happen outside?

I've replaced the original maps with edited versions. Thanks jtougas and torstan for the suggestions

Are you currently working on the rest of the maps for orcs of stonefang pass? I'm going to run it soon and loved your maps for the slaying stone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast