Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Etrakien revisited

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdog15 View Post
    I love that you said "it's only Photoshop". Photoshop has a much bigger learning curve than CC3. You've done a wonderful job on this map Clercon! Everything's already been said that I would have.
    Thanks dangerdog! As I said before a lot of the things I've learned when it comes to mapping in photoshop I've learned from different tutorials here on the site. But I've also taken a one term course in Photoshop at a university here in Sweden (which sounds much more serious then it is). It is a great program
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Another outstanding map - I am in awe.

I love this (and your original) so much, I was thinking of using them with a conversion - pasting Forgotten Realms material onto a different map (I'm finding the canon map a bit boring these days). Would you be adverse to my doing so?

I lost everything (my computer, PS, and all files) to a fire about a year ago, and this would be a great way to jump-start the hobby again for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusTay View Post
    Another outstanding map - I am in awe.

I love this (and your original) so much, I was thinking of using them with a conversion - pasting Forgotten Realms material onto a different map (I'm finding the canon map a bit boring these days). Would you be adverse to my doing so?

I lost everything (my computer, PS, and all files) to a fire about a year ago, and this would be a great way to jump-start the hobby again for me.
    Hello Markus, and thanks for liking my maps. As long as you intend to use the map for your own gaming group (non commercial) feel free to do as you please. I'm just glad that it comes to use If you look at my finished maps you can also find some close up maps of certain areas. Good luck with your gaming
    My finished maps

Thank You - I appreciate your sharing this with us, and allowing me to tinker with it.

It would be for the gaming community, not just my own group - would you be adverse to me posting the finished conversion, then? It would be more along the lines of "this is how you can change things in your campaign" - not sure if anyone but me would use it (for their own campaigns). It would just be a demonstration of what can be done (with the Forgotten Realms setting material). I have no intention of making money off of any of it - I am just a hobbyist and this would be more of a mental exercise (and help me get used to GIMP, which I've never used before... I miss my PS).

If you want to see how its progressing, I could even post it here, rather then elsewhere - its entirely up to you how I proceed. At this point, I still have to create map icons, textures, get brushes, etc... starting from scratch all over again (I had a brush I created from the mountains on your first map - it was my favorite).

Well as long as it is for nonprofit gaming it is ok, but please state where the original map comes from (for example by linking to this thread). If you like I can send you a version of the map without labels and borders of the countries. In that way it will be even simpler for you to put in your own names. Just PM me your mail if you're interested.
    My finished maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

I much prefer this version, although for a map at this scale you really need to make the nations and their labels stand out a bit more, they're hard to make out in a sea of green.

Also love the folded paper effect, how did you achieve that?

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    I much prefer this version, although for a map at this scale you really need to make the nations and their labels stand out a bit more, they're hard to make out in a sea of green.

Also love the folded paper effect, how did you achieve that?
    Well it's all a question of taste I think. In this map the nations and labels are exactly as they are supposed to be in my opinion.
    The folded paper effect you can achieve in many ways, in this particular map I painted the map on top of a paper texture that Coyotemax (a member in the guild) kindly shared.
    My finished maps

Double post (removed)
    My finished maps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123