Thread: A *new* map of Aeolond

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A *new* map of Aeolond

A few years back I created a campaign setting called Aeolond. The original map for the setting was crude, designed more as a quick reference tool than as a true map. Recently, I've been thinking about that setting and decided to create a new map for it.

Before we begin, I have to say, yes, the Great Wedorcrest Sea does indeed have 7 outlets and that is completely intentional. The Sea Goddess created the sea by opening a small portal that connects her ocean plane and the material plane. She then created 7 rivers for the water to flow from, ensuring the people of Aeolond would have an easy time moving across the continent. To prevent sea levels from rising, she created another portal, off the coast of King Grayson Keep, that takes water back to the Goddesses' plane. The massive mountain that appears to be on fire is indeed on Fire. The Fire God lit the tallest mountain on the continent, Lieg Mountain, on fire to showcase his divine might. The Sealands are below the ocean enclosed by a dome of energy that keeps the water out. No one knows who created the Sealands, or why, but its discovery sparked a great colonization effort by the various Kingdoms.

Ok, I think that explains most of the map's oddities.

I am looking for any and all feedback you guys and gals can provide. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aeolond 99.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	35182
    Last edited by elemental_elf; 04-19-2011 at 02:01 AM.