Thread: April Challenge Entry: Triqua Under-Ocean

Wip April Challenge Entry: Triqua Under-Ocean

Hello all,

I haven't been a member of the guild for very long, but I hope this entry for the current challenge is accepted without too many giggles and guffaws. I'll actually be a bit surprised if I even finish it, but I felt I had to at least try.

Anyways, below is a very rough concept sketch for my entry. Please keep in mind that most of this will be changed and the final version won't be remotely like this. To begin with I plan on have three 'bores' connecting the 'under-ocean' to the surface seas of Triqua, but I only plan on mapping the area around one of the 'bores'.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert Sink Hole.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	35195

This is a simple map I have done to show the artificial nature of Triqua's surface features. The back-story is that in ages past an unknown alien race dug through the planet's hard outer crust to get to the 'sub-terranean' aquifier. They have since left, but the planet now is capable of supporting life in the lowlands.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert Sink Holes.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	35196

Thank you in advance for any comments or cc.
    Last edited by Thurlor; 04-19-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Corrections

Interesting, look forward to seeing how you develop this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very interesting concept.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.