• The Halls of Deception - by geamon

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** March/April Challenge Voting - Dungeon Tiles ***

Default *** March/April Challenge Voting - Dungeon Tiles ***

*** March/April Challenge Voting - Dungeon Tiles ***

Please Vote for 1 Entry

Two apologies

First an apology on behalf of the CLs for being a bit slow in closing down and the second apology is that there are no thumbnails to look at for your voting, but I've made a composite of all the entries below so you can see them that way. The Maps are all at about half size so if you want to see them in all their glory you will need to visit the thread.

This month's challenge comes with a prize: a $40 voucher kindly donated from Profantasy (thank you, Profantasy!) and the brief was:

to create a greyscale, top-down dungeon tile, consisting of 15 100px-squares per side (so a 1500x1500 pixel image). Each of the four sides should have a one-square opening in its center (for attachment to other tiles), and solid walls should be solid black.

Please don't forget to rep the entries you vote for, or any that catch your eye, or if you're feeling particularly generous, all of them.

Thanks to all the entrants for putting in some great work, all worthy of the coveted guild silver compass, but (as a great immortal once said) there can be only one...(unless there's a tie - but that never happened in 'Highlander').
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	litecomp.jpg 
Views:	9603 
Size:	374.2 KB 
ID:	35208  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Absolutely Ravs (and thanks for all the work putting the voting thread up). These are fantastic entries - each one. I went with WannabeHeros watery cavern but all are worthy of the compass this month. Congratulations to all the entrants this month!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I could have voted for any one of these, they're all really good and I could use any of them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome entries. You could roll a d6 and be assured of rolling a winner. I voted for Troedel because of the interesting idea and great execution.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I second the thank you to Ravs for taking the time to put the thread up and piecing the entries together. Its great to see them all interconnected

Thanks to all for entering the competition and the CLs for organizing these challenges. I´m having a good time and it´s inspiring seeing all those different approaches to a single task.
    I returned the favour of a vote to Wannabehero as I really like the handrawn and shaded cavern he created, feeling natural and harmonic, even if it lacks tentacles...

Guild Journeyer

I had to vote for the watery cavern in the end, because a cavern filled with water is one of the greatest things you can have.

Yep, those are all excellent and fully useful at the right time. I mean that, you all did really well!

In the end I went with the watery cavern because it not only met the criteria but seemed the most artistic in my opinion and I just loved the way it looked.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations to Wannabehero for a great entry and a solid win. I'll sort out the award - and the prize! - later today.

Congratulations Wannabehero! Enjoy your new compass!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast