Thread: My first "blueprint" map

Default My first "blueprint" map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon1.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	35226

This was for a quick one day adventure for entry level players. I was using http://www.habitualindolence.net/masterplan/ for running the game so I layed this out with each encounter on a separate layer. This worked very well with custom imported maps.

The plot was the typical someone has been kidnapping young adult women in the town, the clues lead to the basement of a building (this map) where it turns out to be a dark wizard who is performing all kinds of experiments on them. Before the party members can finish off the mage in the final room, he escapes through the portal with one of the women setting up the quest to rescue the Barron's daughter by chasing a mage throughout the known world.

The blocks in the second room are rubble from the building above, which collapsed at an earlier encounter. The third room (after the first long hallway) was the mages bedroom and had a secret door behind the bookshelf (not shown).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Simple and effective with lots of room for improvisation of story. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I agree with Ascension. Simple, yet appears to be sufficient.

I never seem to be able to get that simple/effective-thing right myself. Nice job!