Thread: * I need someone to make a map for me!!!! Read for details.

Help * I need someone to make a map for me!!!! Read for details.

The Repubic of New Mozria: Map Request

Ok, so, I need someone to create a map of an island nation called New Mozria. If you make it, your help will be GREATLY appreciated, and I'll recommend you to others if anyone asks about the map. Anyways, I want the map to have cities, provincial capitals, and the national capital. I also want the map to have elevation/altitude. I want there to be certain symbols for cities with less than 250,000 people, 250,000 to 1,000,000 people, over 1,000,000 people, provincial capitals, and the national capital. There will need to be a key/legend for all of this, of course. A scale would also help. If you want a link to the type of map I want, go here: http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...f?t=1296325814 As you already know, New Mozria is a big island nation. It has much smaller islands surrounding it. You can be creative with the cities. However, the national capital needs to be Dornesky, and there are 11 provinces: Dupreshnik, Ushank, Coriza, Lo Horong, Kizakwa, Fazulivich, Duzoka, Biruusk, Okreza, Propivetsk, and Kongeria. Please let me know on this thread if you will make the map. If there are any further questions about what to put on the map, refer to the link. Thank you!!!

Good start but check out our 'Mapmaking Requests' forum and see the sticky at the top to fill in everything that is typically needed to help in fulfilling your order.

This will probably be moved by one of the mods to that forum so just update this thread and everything will get sorted out.

EDIT: That was fast, I just posted like 5 minutes ago.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-19-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Journeyer

So you are asking for someone to do this for free?

Do you expect me to pay you?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We have professionals as well as amateurs here so unless you state free or paid we don't know who should be replying. Plus, you're asking for a topographical style and those are time consuming (all maps are time consuming) - can't just knock one out in an hour. If I could bang one out in an hour I'd still probably want 10 bucks. A map like the one you reference will take at least 5 hours for the fastest among us but I figure most of us would need 10 hours to do an adequate job, 20 for a good job. So be courteous and professional you'll get the same in return.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ok, sorry then, I don't tend to pay money over the Internet to others. You can consider this thread closed.

I'm guessing you never bothered to read the sticky. If you had, you would understand that you can mark your request as either "Paid" or "Unpaid". "Paid" means you plan to pay something for the work. "Unpaid" means you are asking for more of a favor.

The posts above were an effort to understand what your request was, not a demand for money. Usually, when someone does not wish to pay they are looking to get an artist who does Cartography as a hobby for fun or perhaps someone looking to expand their portfolio. The professional artists are not as likely to be able to help you out simply because they have many paying commissions they are busy with and well, quite frankly, "time is money".

If you have the time yourself, you might want to take a shot at some of the Tutorials we have and see if you can create what you want that way. We are very helpful with folks who are new to the craft and if you posted a WIP I'm sure you would get plenty of helpful direction as you worked.

Regards
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt