Thread: Ivalice Map

Map Ivalice Map

Done with GIMP. Got a few snippets of items from WoW, sorry. First post ever in these boards. Just want to contribute. It covers most of Ivalice and parts of Romanda and Ordalia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ivalice4.png 
Views:	3586 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	35229  

This is really beautiful. Great first post! I love the whole style and it looks realistic.
    The one thing that slightly bothers me is the black outline around the coast. If I were you I would tone it down a bit so it doesn't stand out quite so much.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Pretty map - how many of the locations are from WoW? I'm afraid you're not allowed to re-use that sort of art in a map (we've had issues with that before) so I'm afraid you'll have to pull those out to post it here.

Good start to a map, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Reminds me of this. I love that one so if you're the same person, then sweet. Otherwise it looks like a total ripoff - copying parts and pasting them in.
    Last edited by Ascension; 04-20-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very Nice.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.