Thread: Can I use symbols and tools from CC3, CD3 and DD3 in the same map?

Default Can I use symbols and tools from CC3, CD3 and DD3 in the same map?

I'm fairly new to CC3 and I'm working on a few different maps for it. I've got Dungeon designer and city designer as well. Is there a way to use the different functionality of them all on one map? Essentially, is there a way on a single map to use dungeon designers background, use city designers roads on it, and take symbols from all three?

In addition, I really would like to improve my symbol collection, is there a good place for free symbols out there?

yes, yes, and yes.

AT the top of you map, is a set of Buttons, one for OVERLAND, another for CITIES, and a third for DUNGEONS (plus others if you have the addons like COSMOGRAPHER, DIORAMAS, CHARACTER ARTIST, ETC.)

Once you start a Map, you can click on any of those buttons and it will bring up the drawing tools related to that package. Same goes for symbol sets, it's like asking if you can use a different FONT in a word document, it's just a feature in a map. You may need to adjust the scale for some things though, but they all work together in the same maps.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That's what I thought, though every time I try to do so, I get an error saying "No matching draw tool"

I can use all of them in their own sections, so I know they are available, but its not communicating with itself.

Edit: My symbols are working cross program, just not the tools