Thread: Map admirer on board

Default Map admirer on board

Hi there! I joined the forum because I'm a map admirer and someone recommended this forum. And boy, I wasn't disappointed! There's some really great material on here. I'm really excited about the tutorials I found. I've always wanted to do my own maps, but never really had the know-how to get it done.

I was so excited about these maps that I immediately wrote a blog post about it. I tried linking to some of my favorites, but for some reason they're not showing up. Any idea why? Are some of them only visible to subscribers? Ideally I'd like to get permission to upload the actual maps to my website rather than linking them, so I can make sure everyone can view them equally well into the future. Naturally, I'd give proper credit and linkage where possible.

Here's the post: http://www.benjaminrose.com/?p=422

Thanks!

Yeah, you have to be a member to view files uploaded on the servers here. As far as uploading them to your site, the proper way would be to approach the artists individually by PM or e-mail if you can for permission. I think you can't send PMs until you have a certain number of posts...so maybe chat it up with some comments on finished maps you like or give one of the tutorials a go and post your works in progress.

And. Welcome to the Guild! If you want to learn to make awesome maps like the ones you've picked out you've come to the right place. I think you'll be pretty amazed at what you can do if you give it a go!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yes mearrin has it right - you need 5 posts before you can send pms, and the files on the CG are only visible to members. Best thing to do is write a few comments on maps to get over the 5 post minimum and then pm the artists to see if you can feature their maps. Welcome to the guild!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks for the friendly welcome. You must be right about the 5 post limit, because I originally looked up the map authors and tried to contact them, but couldn't find any contact details. I was really disappointed that the maps weren't visible on my blog. It kinda ruined my weekly post. :/ The maps were visible to me, so I had no idea there was a problem until the next day.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome, mate
    Regards,

RK