Thread: Village prepping for war.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Default Village prepping for war.

In my campaign, the PCs are in an area which I think is best described as a township. IIRC, that's several smaller communities within close proximity that form a larger community. (Modern day Breitung Township, in Michigan, is an example).

At any rate, the township is occupied by hostile forces, and the PCs are using it as a base of operations. The village itself is actually really small, less than 150 folks. Other citizens of the township, those that are willing and able to fight, have congregated to Tor's Hold and formed a sort of "tent city" along the edges of the town.

Now, I'm not really requesting anyone to make me a map, as I am requesting help finding one that would be reasonably suitable. I just need a small map that looks reasonable for a population of 150 citizens, with enough "open space" that will allow for temprary housing for another 150-200 troops, plus training grounds. Something that would look like the kind of thing an army officer would be cool, but I'm really not picky.

So, I beseech you, fellow Guilders, anything you could throw me?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, I realize this isn't a mapmaking quest, more of a mapfinding one, but I thought this forum would best fit. If it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it to a more correct location. Thanks again.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I would suggest looking through the Finished Map forum (if you haven't already). If you see something you like then send the artist a PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Thanks, SG. I did look at the Finished Maps gallery, and found one or two that look pretty good, and could maybe fit the style I'm looking for. But then, I'm not sure how up-to-date the gallery is.

I made one for an unpaid commission not so long ago....might suit? You're welcome to use it for your adventure

Link Here

I threw together something really quick....is this the sort of spread you want?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exp_01.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	484.9 KB 
ID:	35414