Thread: The Atlas of Algol - Much Help Needed

Help The Atlas of Algol - Much Help Needed

Hi, again. I know I've been abscent for quite a while and coming back with something simmilar to an advertisement is kinda pathetic, but I need help.

I'm in the prosses of writing a sci-fi novel series that playes of on the alien world of Novusvita, in the (actual) trinary Algol solar system. Now, this is also the largest world building project I've ever undertaken. It basically consists of four parts: The novels, the encyclopaedia, the history book (is there a better word?) and the atlas.

It's the atlas I'm asking help with here.

I basically want to propperly map the world and many of its important places, but I also have to work on every other aspect of the project + I have school.

So, if you're a fairly good cartographer, willing to voluntarily help me map a world, please check out the project's forum/website >here< (I know, it's not much) and this thread >here<

Please ask any question you may have concerning my request.

Here's a pic of the world map as it is now:

Also, if you have any maps you aren't likely to use, fell free to donate - I may be able to use it somewhere.

Does this have Earth-like environments and biomes or is the environment largely alien? If it's the former I have some resources that can help you maps them, in fact I'm working on a neighboring system at the moment (Theta Persei).

Yes, biomes are fairly Earth-like (of course, the life is quite alien up-close, but from a-far it is quite Earth-like).

And any help would be very much appreciated.

Should I post more information about the planet and the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhotherian View Post
    Should I post more information about the planet and the project?
    Sure, I'll also take a look at your forum when a get a chance, probably some time next week.

I'll need a little time but I'm working on a simple Google Earth KML that lists latitude ranges for certain biomes. I actually have an older one I made years ago but the Google Earth circle generator I like no longer works and I haven't had the time to find a new one and update my file. I'm doing similar work on a planet of my own at the moment although I need to figure out the ocean currents before I start working on my biomes.

Meanwhile I should probably attempt at making a biome map.