Thread: D and D Doodle

Default D and D Doodle

I just made a reference to crazyred in another post and decided to check his blog and was pleasantly surprised to find he's started to post again on his blog. I'm a big fan of his cartoony iso map style and am definitely gonna add his updated version of Nenlast to my inspiration folder (a map I was thinking about doing when I started here). I know he is an infrequent visitor to the CG but you should check him out here at D and D Doodle.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Wow. That stuff's great! Thanks for posting it.
    M

His style is refreshing to me. Most D & D maps fall into two categories. There's the most simplistic grid map for the players and the GM to move rapid prototype mini's around on and get the be basic gist of the game... And then there's the super over-done stuff. While ornate maps can be really good, they get overdone in RPGs. I like the simple design his has, but that it has a little flare. I could see these pieces actually being used by a regular in a game.
    Last edited by MarkoDarko; 06-21-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    I love custom mini's and gum... And I'm all out of gum.
    I cheat at facebook statuses, so sue me.

Guild Applicant

Default D and D Doodle

just poke it and pop it out. I just use a needle.
    It has changed over time but the screw doesnt do much. Lighter without it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I dunno, maybe it makes sense in French and not English. Was scratchin my head over this one this morning so I let it go as I had to get to work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm so going to be using the April 18th post in my next game. Been needing a good town for the game.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.