Thread: Greenstone

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Map Greenstone

This map of Greenstone is set in my own homebrew world and was done with CC2 Pro. Its not much, but its mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greenstone.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	621.3 KB 
ID:	2404  

A very beautiful map. I like the look of it, and actually like the grasslands symbol across the empty spaces. Don;t know why exactly, but I do.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

A nice, simple map.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

thanx knight, too kind
    and simple was what I was going for really...

I have a really tough time with open spaces.. lol, hence the grassland symbols.

hi Del, are you using CC2's default colours? I find them a little too much on the garish side (unless you're going for that flat cartoony look) and those colours make it look like it's been drawn with CC which means that it loses any sense of individuality of style.

Might be worth making your own palette of more slightly muted colours (or certainly non standard CC2 colours)? Have a look at the online pallete makers (I think in the References or Elements forum) - they are excellent for colour choices.

I do like the way you've textured the grass to break up the flatness and the general composition though. Very nice indeed!

I used CC2 Pro's default palette, I wasn't going for any particular style, just making a map.. I was still learning CC2 Pro's finer qualities at the time. Thanks for the tips tho, I will certainly check out the palette makers.

The grass was simply my stubborn attitude towards large empty spaces, which went completely opposite of the effect I was trying to have by reducing the amount of clutter and noise... I was trying a Less is Better approach when I did this one a few years back